Tuesday, October 27th - Friday, October 30th
1822 Spring Garden Street, 3rd Floor
Our Gateway to Success Job Readiness Course teaches job readiness while also addressing the soft skills of attitude, problem solving, communication and personal responsibility.
RSVP to http://careerwardrobe.nonprofitsoapbox.com/gatewaytosuccess
This curriculum addresses the following topics:
* Time Management, Interview Skills – addresses prioritizing tasks as well as interview etiquette
* Networking and Professional Etiquette – teaches what networking is, its importance, and how to do it, also covering how to behave and present yourself in professional settings.
* Employer Expectations – covers how to research industry and organization specific expectations and how to meet them.
* Technology – includes online job search, using e-mail and flash drives, and social media.
* Public Speaking and Difficult Conversations – teaches how to speak effectively and confidently.
* Financial Literacy – covers financial responsibility issues and includes a partnership with Clarifi with a workshop in the Psychology of Spending.
At the conclusion of the program, clients will go through a mock interview, conducted by volunteers with expertise in human resources, to put their new skills to the test.
Program participants are encouraged to commit to all 4 classes in the series, following a cohort of students through the completion of the program. Career Wardrobe will follow-up with the potential attendees with details on how to join the workshop series. This session is open to both women and men.