Friday, August 10 - Sunday, August 12
10am - 7pm
Yin Yoga uses passive, supported postures, which are held for longer amounts of time and practiced with a deep sense of stillness and awareness of the body. This practice also embodies an attitude of love and acceptance towards the moment, in order to balance the more Yin aspects of our physical, emotional and spiritual selves.
This practice promotes the flow of energy (Qi, Prana, etc) through the channels (meridians) of our deep Yin core. It is through this equanimous awakening that we can help bring health to our bodies and a greater sense of balance and ease to our busy Yang lifestyles.
In this 25 hour training participants will learn:
- the theory and practice of Yin Yoga based on Taoist Tradition
- understanding of our meridian system based on Chinese Medicine Theory
- basic Yogic Chakra Theory
- how Yin yoga affects Ayurvedic Marma points in the body
- about human structural anatomical differences, how this relates to compression or tension in our practice, and different ways to support different bodies in postures for optimal, individual practice
- different Yin sequences for personal or professional practice
- how to sequence Yin classes based on theme and energetics
- to develop a more conscious connection between mind, breath and body
Take the plunge more deeply into the body, mind, and spirit with this Yin Yoga Training! Whether you are already an avid practitioner of this quiet, yet powerful practice and desire to know more; or you are a Yoga Teacher wanting to broaden and balance your existing knowledge this training is for you!
*Please note this course will allow time for practice, offers 24 contact hours for CEU's for Yoga Alliance Registered Teachers, and will require 1 hour of homework.
Pricing*: $300 Early Bird (ends 7/27); $375 Regular